Our philosophy is to ensure that all players achieve a sense of worth and value from playing netball, regardless of age or grade.
The club provides teams for players aged 7 years through to Masters (35 years +). Boys aged 7 to 12 years of age are welcome to play. Players can learn to umpire from the age of 12 yrs and we encourage coaching from the age of 16 yrs and up. We welcome parent coaches, including fathers and provide courses and mentoring for the less experienced to build quality coaching for all teams. All coaches are volunteers. Quality coaching is a focal point for our club, as we believe players can only reach their full potential with high level coaching and thus encourage all to attend courses and build knowledge.
Games are played on Saturdays at the Canoon Road Courts, South Turramurra for ages 9 years and up, and at the Lofberg Road Courts, West Pymble for – NetSetGo! (7 & 8 year olds) teams. Games are played at the same timeslot each week during the season.
There is also a NetSetGo! program for 5, 6 year olds and 7 year old players who are new to the game. This program is run weekly on a Friday afternoon at Lofberg Road.
The St Ives Netball Club is part of the Ku-ring-gai Netball Association (KNA). KNA is recognised as one of the leading sports associations on the North Shore. Its membership include 18 clubs, comprising of over 3,600 members drawn from the Ku-ring-gai /Hornsby region.
Proof of Age
Age is based on a calendar year 1 January to 31 December ie. If you turn 10 at any time during the year, you will play in the 10’s. All NEW players to the club under 18 years of age need to provide proof of age. Proof of age can either be a copy of a Birth Certificate or Passport. For those attending a Grading day, these can be brought on the day. For NetSetGo! new players you can bring the proof of age to the Orientation Day on 24 March. Alternatively, a copy of Proof of Age documents can be mailed to the club, attention Registrar.
SAINTS commitment to our NETBALLERS
- Respect, value and encourage all players regardless of age or ability to achieve their potential
- Encourage and develop all coaches to increase skills, confidence and coaching ability
- Encourage and develop all umpires to increase skills, confidence and umpiring ability
- Continue to develop and ensure our grading procedures are accurate and fair to all players – through substantial season reporting on every junior player and at grading day
- Continue to build a friendly and competitive netball club in which all players and parents voluntarily contribute time and effort to sustain a cohesive and inclusive netball community.
PARENTS AND PLAYERS commitment to SAINTS upon registration
Value and respect that you are an integral part of a TEAM and in so doing recognise that it is your duty as a team member to:
- Attend the full weekly training session
- Stay informed through reading and answering emails, check website and facebook
- Alert team manager of time away with sufficient time
- Wear full club uniform
- Volunteer a minimum of 1 1/2 hours per season per child of your time to help run our club
- Positive behaviour at all times from both parents and players is fundament as stated in the signed Code of Behaviour
- Understand and value that every aspect of the club is run purely by volunteers to provide you and your children with a cohesive and competitive club.