Junior Coaching Policy
In 2017, St Ives Club has introduced a Junior Assistant and Junior Coach initiative. The purpose of this initiative is to develop our Inters and Cadet players into enthusiastic and knowledgeable netball coaches and make use of the amazing talent we have in this age group.
Who can coach
- An Inters player can only apply to be a Junior Assistant Coach, as can a player 15yrs+ without any experience. They must work with a Senior Coach (someone aged 18 or over) at all times.
- Cadets with at least one full year coaching experience are able to coach their own team however are required to have a Mentor Coach
- All Senior Coaches of junior teams will be given a Junior Assistant Coach if numbers allow
- All Junior and Junior Assistant Coaches are require to attend 90% of the coaching development sessions offered.
- All Inters players will be offered the opportunity to be a Junior Assistant Coach. This will be part of the registration process for each player. Should we receive more interest than teams allow, Junior Assistant Coaches will go through a selection process. This will be managed by the Coach’s Coordinator.
- All Cadet players will be offered the opportunity to coach a team. This will be part of the registration process.
- Junior Assistant and Junior Coaches will not automatically resume the position the following year
- All Junior and Junior Assistant Coaches will be graded and re-selected on effort and quality of coaching
- All paid coaches under 18 years will keep a portfolio of practice structure, activities and drills which will be updated weekly. This will be become part of the grading and re-selection process
Requirements to develop coaching skills
- All Junior Assistant Coaches and Junior Coaches must be available to attend all team practices and Saturday games where ever possible
- Junior Assistant Coaches that have experience may have preference over beginning Cadet aged coaches if numbers require
Payment for being a Junior Coach
- All Junior Coaches will receive a weekly payment to help coach a team.
Payment Scale for Junior Coaches & Young Coaches
|2017 Season||Junior Assistant Coach||Junior Assistant Coach||Junior Coach with Mentor||Junior Coach with Mentor||Coach with possible Mentor||Coach with possible Mentor|
|Age in Years||13||14||15||16||17||18 (in school)|
|Coaching Entry Point||Inters||Inters||Cadet||Cadet||Cadet||Seniors|